Hand and Wrist
We offer one of Southern California's most respected hand specialists,
which means here you'll find comprehensive diagnosis and treatment
of injuries to the bones, tendons and nerves of the hand, wrist and forearm.
Our fellowship-trained orthopaedic hand surgeons routinely uses the newest
advances in arthroscopic and microsurgical techniques to successfully
treat nerve compression syndromes, arthritic conditions and traumatic
injuries. We also offer today's most effective approaches to fracture
care, joint replacement and tumor removal.
Areas of expertise include:
- Open and arthroscopic carpal tunnel release
- Microsurgical reconstruction, including free tissue (muscle or bone) transfer
and the correction of congenital hand deformities
- Arthroscopic treatment of joint loose bodies, arthritis, tendon injuries
- Replantation and revascularization of amputated or injured parts, including
microvascular free flap coverage
- Joint replacement for treatment of arthritis of the elbow, wrist and fingers
- Surgical treatment of benign and malignant tumors, including soft tissue
and tumors of bone
- Advanced fracture care, including the use of bone graft substitutes
Therapy often plays an important role in the treatment or rehabilitation
of a wide variety of hand and upper extremity injuries and conditions.
Our patients benefit from highly experienced occupational and physical
therapists who specialize in the successful rehabilitation of the hand,
wrist and forearm.
Our certified hand therapists offer the experience, training and specialized
skills necessary to help patients recover and regain function as quickly
as possible. Located within the St. Jude Center for Rehabilitation and
Wellness, our experts offer individualized treatment based on each patient's
needs and goals.