Our physicians specialize in improving and maintaining the health and well-being of those over 65. From prevention and wellness to the special needs of the frail elderly, our board certified geriatric specialists offer comprehensive, compassionate care.
We recognize that caring for the elderly means taking care of the whole person. And our physicians are uniquely trained to help with the entire spectrum of concerns, from memory loss and isolation to recurrent falls and heart disease.
If more specialized care is required, we offer one of the most comprehensive lists of experts and services available: from nationally recognized orthopaedic surgeons performing the newest joint replacement procedures to a highly successful congestive heart failure program that is helping patients repair and reverse the damage of heart disease.
Conditions & Treatments
Our board certified geriatric specialists excel at diagnosing and treating a wide range of conditions that impact the elderly, including:
- Recurrent falls or functional decline
- Chronic lung disease
- Heart conditions
- Cognitive impairment
- Neurodegenerative conditions, including Alzheimer’s Disease and Parkinson’s
Our affiliation with St. Jude Medical Center offers our patients a long list of unique support services, including:
- Exercise classes targeting specific health concerns—such as osteoporosis, poor balance and osteoarthritis—as well as fitness classes designed to make you stronger, healthier and feel better are available at the St. Jude Centers for Rehabilitation and Wellness. For more information, call (714) 578-8720.
- An insurance counselor to help answer your questions about plans and products, including Medicare, as well as assist with applications is available by calling (714) 446-7154.
- A list of support groups for caregivers, those who have lost a loved one, and those with chronic health conditions is available through the St. Jude Health Resource Line at (800) 870-7537, ext. 2.
- The St. Jude Centers for Rehabilitation and Wellness offers comprehensive services to help seniors regain their independence after a stroke, rebuild their strength after joint replacement, and recover their quality of life after a neurological or medical event. For more information, call (714) 578-8720.
- Our Caring Neighbors Program provides volunteers to offer light housekeeping, errands and friendship to homebound elderly. For information, please call (714) 446-7064.
Ana Ivanova, M.D.
Bruce Mutter, M.D.
David Rhodes, M.D.
Lytton Smith, M.D.