St. Jude Heritage Medical Group provides expert diagnosis and treatment of all types of gastrointestinal diseases and digestive disorders, from inflammatory bowel disease to GERD. As one of the largest and most respected GI groups in Southern California, we offer highly skilled physicians, the most advanced diagnostic and treatment options, and a patient-centered approach.
Our commitment to medical excellence and patient safety is evident in our exceptional outcomes, including complication rates that are dramatically lower than the national average. And our exclusive partnership with St. Jude Medical Center and its Knott Family Endoscopy Center allows us to offer today’s newest diagnostic and treatment technology. Located next door to our offices, the Knott Family Endoscopy Center is designed to provide patients with unmatched care and comfort.
Conditions & Treatments
We specialize in successfully treating the following symptoms and conditions:
- Abdominal pain
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Heartburn and indigestion
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (including Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis)
- Motility disorders
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Bleeding in the digestive tract
- Gallblader Disease
- Liver Disease
- Constipation and diarrhea
- Swallowing disorders
- Barrett’s Esophagus
- Peptic Ulcer Disease
- Malabsorption disorders (including Celiac Disease and lactose intolerance)
- Unexplained weight loss
Our wide range of diagnostic services and advanced, minimally invasive treatments include:
- Colon cancer screening
- Colonoscopy (examines the colon or the entire large intestine)
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy (examines the rectum and lower colon)
- EGD or Esophagogastroduodensoscopy (examines the esophagus, stomach and intestine)
- PillCam Endoscopy (examines the small intestine)
- ERCP (examines the bile ducts, gallbladder and pancreas)
- Esophageal Dilatation
- 24-hour pH testing
- Motility tests
- Other specialized procedures, such as PEG tube insertions
Martin Carr, M.D.
Hyder Jamal, M.D.
Sajen Mathews, M.D.
Frank Miao, M.D.
Scott Sainburg, M.D.
Gene Yoon, M.D.
Jill Olmstead, NP-C